Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Intro - Why in the world?

I am a soon to be divorced mother of two incredible children. This past year has been a heart-wrenching journey. And since then life has been a roller coaster. The promise in 2 Corinthians 1:3&4 (above) has been a life line for me and is the motivation behind this blog. I cannot bear the thought that I would have been through all of this in vain.

So you may be wondering why. Why would I want to share this journey with anyone and why anyone would want to take it with me? Because I know the hurt and loneliness a failed marriage brings. I know the struggles and triumphs of single parenthood. I know how desperately I wanted just one person to understand. I have such incredible support from my close friends, but for someone to say “I've been there. I know.” That is powerful. If I can share my story with others and it help even one person to know they aren't alone.... my journey will be worth it.

This is not a forum for bashing my soon to be ex or anyone else's. Just a place to tell the story of my life now – a working, single mom – trying to balance a career with raising well-adjusted children and doubting my ability every day. Dealing with the struggles of everyday activities, the frustration with being the “only one” to do the daily things, feeling dog tired but going to the store anyway for milk for your kids. Every parent does these things.... but when the responsibility is all your own, it can wear you down.

My intention is not for this to be a place to air my worries and woes. I am not looking for people to feel sorry for me. My prayer truly is that those that read this will be comforted by the compassion I have received from God in my troubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment